Have you recently received refugee status/ subsidiary protection/ leave to remain? Are you trying to move out of Direct Provision? Do you need information and assistance with the housing and welfare systems?
The process of moving out of DP involves completing many forms and liaising with different public services, such as the Social Welfare office, Housing office in Limerick City and County Council, as well as searching for available and suitable properties.
Doras Luimní have a dedicated transition support worker who will help you through this process. Our service includes help with navigating the social welfare and housing system; assistance with completing the necessary forms. We also keep an up-to-date list of available properties in Limerick and can help you to find accommodation that meets your needs.
Useful information and application forms (Links to external websites):
- Limerick City & County Council (Council Housing section)
- Application form for Housing List
- Find your local Community Welfare Officer (Limerick)
- Contact the Homeless Action Team
- Tenant information for Housing Assistance Payment (HAP)
- Guide to Living Independently
- Search for available properties on Daft.ie
To access this service, contact Aideen at Doras Luimní at firstname.lastname@example.org or call in to the office on Monday, Tuesday or Thursday from 10am – 12:30pm // 2pm – 4:30pm.
For information on moving out of Direct Provision, see here: Transition from Direct Provision