Doras Luimní have a dedicated transition support worker who can help people who have received refugee status/ subsidiary protection/ leave to remain and are trying to move from Direct Provision to independent living.
- Help to navigate the housing and social welfare system
- Assistance completing the necessary forms
- Call landlords on your behalf
- Accompaniment to viewings
- Liaise with landlords/ Limerick City Council/ Community Welfare Officer.
If you are seeking assistance in finding accommodation and moving out of Direct Provision, please contact Ahmed at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 061310328.
For detailed information on the steps you need to take when trying to move out of Direct Provision, in particular to apply for Housing Assistance, please see here:
Useful information and application forms (Links to external websites):
- Limerick City & County Council (Council Housing section)
- Application form for Housing List
- Find your local Community Welfare Officer (Limerick)
- Contact the Homeless Action Team
- Tenant information for Housing Assistance Payment (HAP)
- Guide to Living Independently
- Search for available properties on Daft.ie
Useful contact details:
Limerick City & County Council
Tel: 061 407100
Homeless Action Team
2 Church Street
St Johns Square
Tel: 061 481212
Links to Housing Information: