Doras Luimní has signed up to the Dóchas Code of Conduct for Images and Messages provides a framework of guiding principles which organisations can refer to in designing and implementing their public communications strategy. Doras Luimní has adopted the Code and we are committed to the values of the code including a belief in the equality of all people and acceptance of the need to promote fairness, solidarity and justice. Where reasonable and practical, within the need to reflect reality, we strive to:
- Choose images and messages based on the values of respect, equality, solidarity and justice;
- Truthfully represent any image or situationin its immediate and wider context in order to improve public understanding of the complexities of the issues involved;
- Avoid images and messages that potentially stereotype, sensationalise or discriminate against people, situations or places;
- Use images, messages, and case studies with the full understanding, participation and permission of the subjects (or their parents/guardian);
- Ensure that those whose situation is being represented have the opportunity to communicate their stories themselves;
- Establish and record whether the subjects wish to be named or identifiable and always act accordingly;
- Conform to the highest standards in relation to human rights and the protection of vulnerable people.
Download the Code of Conduct or go to the Dóchas website for more information. To contact the Doras Luimní Communications Officer about any aspect of the Code of Conduct or our implementation of the code, please email email@example.com or call 061 310328. We welcome your feedback.